Lavender Rights Project elevates the power, autonomy, and leadership of the Black intersex & gender diverse community through intersectional legal and social services. We utilize the law as an organizing principle to affirm our civil rights and self-determination.
Our organization disrupts oppressive systems that target Black gender diverse and intersex communities of color and lead to disproportionate levels of poverty, housing disparities, and gender-based violence, especially among Black and Indigenous people.
While LRP’s work is multi-faceted and branches into different liberation movements through the state, our three main program areas are:
• Legal services for Black Communities, with a focus on providing life-saving criminal law support for Black gender diverse people with an abolitionist lens
• Disrupting gender-based violence throughout Washington State, and carceral violence against trans communities of color in King County
• Wraparound housing support through our minimum basic income program for Black trans people at risk of houselessness and our upcoming permanent supportive house program from QT2BIPOC in King County, slated to open in Fall 2023.
We believe that if we protect those who are most impacted by systemic violence, and we make sure that Black trans women & femmes feel safe, then we can address how to properly protect EVERYONE in community.
Every gift that LRP receives will deepen our statewide advocacy for Black gender diverse communities, expand our legal services, support our events (including community vigils and annual PRIDE fundraisers), and support our majority Black transgender staff as they fight for our collective liberation.
When you give to LRP you are making a substantial impact on the lives of those who are most impacted by systemic violence. Please consider donating and sharing our campaign so that we can help make next year safer for our community.
It’s about that time again! Please join us for a much, much needed night of laughter, community, and resistance while we fundraise for Black trans liberation! There will be light refreshments, raffle prizes, opportunities to interact with performers (bring yall’s tips!), and so much more! Come ready to donate as you learn about LRP’s work to protect Black trans life in Washington State and beyond! Get your tickets now to start off your Pride season the right way—with us—at Lavender Rights Project’s Black Trans Comedy Showcase 2023! It’s going to be a Ki!
This year, the iconic star herself, TS Madison, is hosting our night of laughter with Mx. Dahlia Belle, KJ Whitehead, and a performance by the local queen herself, Beyonce Black St. James!
Lavender Rights Project presents
The Black Trans Comedy Showcase
June 10, 2023 at 7pm
The SIFF Egyptian Cinema, Seattle, WA
Tickets: $50 / Raffle tickets: $20 (purchased at event)
BUY TODAY: bit.ly/transcomedy23
Accessibility Information for Our Event
• ADA Wheelchair Seating Available Upon Request
• Masks required unless you are eating or drinking
• ASL Interpretation